Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Alejandro Fernandez Dehesa la Granja 2005

Variety: Tempranillo
Country of origin: Spain 
Wine appellation: Castilla y León
Vintage: 2005
Alcohol content: 14.0%
Color: medium ruby red with garnet meniscus
Bouquet: cherries preserve, dry fruits, slight liquorish tones of aged port, laready showing oxidative tones
Taste: medium body, guessing from the slightly oxidative nose to my surprise it still has very good tannins, however it has more marmalade tones I would prefer, touch of coffee,  medium to longer finish
Recommended food pairing: fuet
Overall score: 84
Price: CZK 400
Stopper: cork
I just could not take the nose, it was so oxidative that I almost refused to taste it, but the taste was still very good with good balance of tannins and fruit, however I would not recommend to store this wine further, rather drink quickly. I do not know whether it is general or faulty bottle, but cork looked OK. If without this nose and light oxidation it would score 88.

No comments:

Post a Comment